Gaming Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gaming Freaks

The site for all who like gaming

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DmNt

DmNt

Number of posts : 765
Wii Code : 5545 8127 8108 0332
Hobbies : Fun Stuff.
Registration date : 2007-03-24

DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario Empty
PostSubject: DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario   DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 2:23 am

With out further ado, here's my editorial on Super Paper Mario so far:

Graphics: An excellent 2-D design, but the 3-D looks flat and bland, it barely even has the whole 'paper' look to it.

Sound: There's no voice acting, but this is a Mario game so it's to be expected; the sound effects are decent, and some of the music tunes can be good, whereas other tunes aren't as good.

Story: It's defiantly the best of the three Paper Mario's but, very surprisingly, there's even MORE dialogue.

Control: The 2-D control is excellent, the 3-D world, however is a b*tch to control--the D-Pad was not designed to do that kind of stuff. Luckily, you don't have to worry very much about that because you'll be in 2-D most of the time.

Game Play: Instead of being a dominate RPG, the series has now become a dominate plat-former game. The battles are done in real-time, and most of the old RPG elements are gone. The formula is EXACTLY the same as previous Paper Mario games, right down to the cooking, arcade games, and pit of 100 trials. The difference is there's a lot more stuff; there are actually two pit-of-100-trials instead of one, for example. The game is much too easy--you'll get hurt, but with all the attack-boosting cards you'll acquire, you will never have to worry. The bosses are creative, but even easier, however. Also, the game play flow is often slowed down or stopped by puzzles and dialogue, which is alright because this stops action-fatigue, something that many FPS games can't do. The puzzles have a nice, decent challenge which is good. You'll never want to buy items, so what else can you spend your money (coins, rubees, tokens) on?--Cards. There purpose helps make the game even easier as they double, triple or quadruple your damage to certain enemies. If you want, you can sell your cards for *ss-loads of cash and for what? More items! Everything in this game narrows down items--items you don't need. Still, there's a lot to do if you're up for it: the two pit-of-100-trials, cooking (96 recipes), arcade games, cards (256), treasure charts (50, I think), and tons of exploration.

Overall: I like it quite a bit, but I'll have to see how it holds up as I'm no where near complete with it.

I typed this up in word, so grammer should be near-perfect.
Back to top Go down
wiird

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario   DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 10:33 pm

i'm getting this one hopefully tonight, seeing as guitar hero is sold out everywhere
Back to top Go down
Demyx
Admin
Admin
Demyx

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2007-03-17

PostSubject: Re: DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario   DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 7:52 am

oh. It isn't in teh ACT
Back to top Go down
https://gameingfreaks.niceboard.com
Avendeso

PostSubject: Re: DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario   DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 1:05 pm

i know! nor in Victoria! Its BAD how NOA is like this BAD how they are greedy for outrageous prices BAD that they put little noticeable effort into promoting the wii BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD

bad.
Back to top Go down
DevilBoY

PostSubject: Re: DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario   DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 8:28 am

huh?
put that in plain english please (or chinese, or french, or Japanese, depending on where you come from)
Back to top Go down
Avendeso

PostSubject: Re: DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario   DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 9:53 am

NOA stands for Nintendo of Australia.
Back to top Go down
DmNt

DmNt

PostSubject: Re: DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario   DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 12:25 am

It also stands for Nintendo of America. So, yeah, you might wanna put NOAU.
Back to top Go down
Avendeso

PostSubject: Re: DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario   DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 6:22 am

or you put it as NOAM
Back to top Go down
DmNt

DmNt

PostSubject: Re: DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario   DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 8:55 am

Who has a bigger economy?
I think you should put NOAU.
Back to top Go down
Avendeso

PostSubject: Re: DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario   DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 10:10 am

So? to ME its NOA, we live on two different bloody hemispheres.
Back to top Go down
DmNt

DmNt

PostSubject: Re: DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario   DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 7:03 pm

Whatever we'll make a comprimise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario   DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DmNt's famous impressions: Super Paper Mario
Page 1 of 1