Gaming Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gaming Freaks

The site for all who like gaming

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Defying Jack Thompson...........on live radio!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DevilBoY

Defying Jack Thompson...........on live radio! Empty
PostSubject: Defying Jack Thompson...........on live radio!   Defying Jack Thompson...........on live radio! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 1:23 pm

Written by Duke Ferris of Game Revolution

I can't say I'm a fan of Rush Limbaugh, but unlike some media pundits, he seems to be making reality checks about the VT tragedy.
His radio show Tuesday mirrored some of my own thoughts from Monday - lousy, self-serving people trying to spin the horrible shootings to further their own political agenda. When confronted by a caller theorizing that video games were to blame for the crime, Limbaugh had a more rational response that I would have expected.

CALLER: What I really think is an issue is video violence, video gaming. I will guarantee you, I'll bet my last dollar in my pocket, that this shooter will be found to have been a compulsive video gamer, and when people are living that kind of lifestyle -- and college students do this a lot.

RUSH: (sigh) Let's say you're right. Not every video gamer goes out and murders 33 people on the college campus though. There's more to this than that. We can find all kinds of societal problems and ills, but the fact of the matter is that whatever you would look at as a bad influence -- video games as you mentioned -- it may desensitize people, but it doesn't turn everybody into mass murderers.

I know it's natural that everybody wants to throw their theories into this, and perhaps come up with perhaps a unique explanation or to understand, and I think it's natural, because people have a tough time accepting a relatively simple explanation for something of this scale. But how many people are playing video games out there? How many millions of people play video games, and how many millions of people have guns?

If you start blaming the video games, you may as well demand video game control because it's the same thing when you start trying to blame guns for this. You have here a sick individual, an evil individual who committed a random act. But if you want to start blaming the video games, this guy was this or that, weeeeell, then you've gotta maybe talk about banning them because that's the same tack that's taken with guns. You got one guy who used a gun that's it. You're falling prey to the same way the Drive-Bys propagandize, and that's, "Well, we need gun control! We gotta get guns out of the hands of people.

And i betcha bottom Dollar that was either a Jack Thompson follower or the man himself
Back to top Go down
Avendeso

PostSubject: Re: Defying Jack Thompson...........on live radio!   Defying Jack Thompson...........on live radio! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 2:02 pm

Its all about the gun control.

Jack Thompson is such a r*tard!!
Back to top Go down
DmNt

DmNt

Number of posts : 765
Wii Code : 5545 8127 8108 0332
Hobbies : Fun Stuff.
Registration date : 2007-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Defying Jack Thompson...........on live radio!   Defying Jack Thompson...........on live radio! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 12:34 am

He's crazy, that's what's wrong with him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defying Jack Thompson...........on live radio!   Defying Jack Thompson...........on live radio! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Defying Jack Thompson...........on live radio!
Page 1 of 1