Gaming Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gaming Freaks

The site for all who like gaming

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HAPPY FEET ON DVD

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Endeavou

HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 3:53 am

Haha. It would be better if the tank was pink.
Harry Potter is a good series of books, but I picked up the fifth book to read again, and I realised something:
Practically all of the book is laid out for you. You don't have to do much thinking while reading. There is practically no symbolism, and no big issues addressed. This is why I will never rate it as great literature.

If you are looking for something better than Matthew Reilly and J.K. Rowling I suggest you pick up To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Avendeso

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 5:15 am

Everyone has read that book, its nothing special

Its funny you mention that about the series, because it is written for children. So none of that philosophical crap is included.

Heck, one chapter in Dune has more depth that the entire series of Harry Potter. However that does not stop me from enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
Endeavou

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 5:40 am

It is not solely written for children.
You obviously did not understand the subtle symbolism of To Kill a Mockingbird.
If you did, you would realise why it is still listed in the Top 5 selling books at Borders of 2007.
Back to top Go down
Avendeso

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 7:21 am

Sorry? I thought we were talking about harry potter, not how to kill a mockingbird.

I have studied the book and understand the damn concept, i think its meh, ok. There are far better books out there in terms of literature and symbolism.

You are just struck with pride over reading a big book and seem to think you are so smart cause you can read daddies books.

Well done david, well done.
Back to top Go down
Endeavou

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 8:00 am

Daddy's*

And no, I was just saying that I can now see the different levels of literature.
A twelve-year-old could enjoy To Kill a Mockingbird.
And wow, if I remember correctly you were the one that always used to bring massive books to my house, and pretend you enjoyed them. You couldn't even understand half the words when I quizzed you on them.

In fact, your above comment is absolutely the opposite to what I was saying. "It is not solely written for children."

You're just angry because you couldn't understand To Kill a Mockingbird at its full depth.

You don't have to read "Daddy's" books to be smart. In fact, I rarely read fiction anymore.

Sure, I think that some things are pretty immature and I wouldn't possible read them or see them. Such as Happy Feet. Obviously you are willing to watch it though.

Well done Chris, well done.

Oh and by the way - it's To Kill a Mockingbird not How to Kill a Mockingbird. Tut tut, get your facts right.
Back to top Go down
Avendeso

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 8:07 am

wtf is wrong with you? If you make a stupid post dont expect a warming reply. Just stop dissing something for once. I mean chill, you cant be a jerk 24/7, you are better than that.

Last edited by on Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Endeavou

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 8:15 am

I wasn't dissing anything. All I said was that I don't think Harry Potter is great literature.
Back to top Go down
Avendeso

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 8:17 am

*sigh* that was not my point. Dont put it off, you overreacted as usual over small trivial things.

Then suddenly bringing up some random book, saying im too immature to read it, then some other random thing. Stuff like that doesnt get you anywhere.

Once again, dissing me. Making up stuff to diss me even more, you can be such a loser sometimes
Back to top Go down
Endeavou

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 8:33 am

I just recommended To Kill a Mockingbird to anyone who hasn't read it. Problem? Then you said that it was "nothing special" compared to Harry Potter so I thought that you must not have fully understood it.
Back to top Go down
Avendeso

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 9:59 am

well you thought wrong
Back to top Go down
Endeavou

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 10:28 am

So you are seriously saying that Harry Potter is better literature than To Kill a Mockingbird?
Back to top Go down
Avendeso

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 10:50 am

*sigh* that wasnt what i was talking about.

You were praising TKaMB as if it has brilliant literature. I believe there are far better books out there.
Back to top Go down
Endeavou

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 11:31 am

Well, most people believe it is a piece brilliant literature.

I'm one of them.
Back to top Go down
Avendeso

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 1:13 pm

Well have fun being one of them
Back to top Go down
Garuda
Garuda

Number of posts : 281
Location : I don\'t know, but it\'s cold and someone turned the lights out
Wii Code : I hate Wii 4262477
Hobbies : Cannabalism
Registration date : 2007-05-28

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 4:26 am

If you want something VERY HARD (no not that dave/ex-apollo (sicko)) Read Tom Clancy. Hardest bloody books in the world. Slow to start and the story doesn't progress as fast as Matt R, but they are very imaginative.

There is a book called Typhoon by Robin White. Interesting, you should check it out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gameingfreaks.niceboard.com
Endeavou

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 9:22 am

What do you mean by hard?
Back to top Go down
Garuda
Garuda

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 1:44 pm

Think about it
Back to top Go down
Endeavou

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 1:46 pm

Do you mean hard to read?
Back to top Go down
Garuda
Garuda

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 2:11 pm

Use your imagination.......if you have one
Back to top Go down
Endeavou

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 2:18 pm

Saturn has the lowest density of all the planets, it is lower even than water. This means that it would float if placed in an ocean large enough to hold it.
Back to top Go down
Garuda
Garuda

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 2:19 pm

That confirms that you have no imagination
Back to top Go down
Endeavou

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 2:23 pm

I prefer non-fiction...

Neptune is the stormiest planet.
Back to top Go down
Garuda
Garuda

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 2:38 pm

Ok then. See if you can figure this one out.

Whats long hard and full of seamen?
Back to top Go down
Endeavou

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 3:00 pm

But you said "no not that dave/ex-apollo (sicko)".

I don't like you talking about these things.
Back to top Go down
Garuda
Garuda

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 3:09 pm

Have you guessed it yet?

And yeah, i couldn't be bothered writing your new names
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FEET ON DVD   HAPPY FEET ON DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HAPPY FEET ON DVD
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Freaks :: Entertainment :: Movies-