Gaming Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gaming Freaks

The site for all who like gaming

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Safari 3 BETA

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Avendeso

Safari 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Safari 3 BETA   Safari 3 BETA Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 8:41 am

Safari 3 BETA

Safari 3 BETA Apple_Safari
Safari 3, Apple's first multiplatform web browser. Safari 3 BETA has been designed for speed performance, up to 3 times faster than IE (1.6 times faster than FF) in HTML, javascript and applications. This allows pages to load faster. Other special features include elegent and easy user interface, snapback and optimised pop-up blocker.

I soon will test this new software and see if its speed is really worth the switch. I watch it with a wary eye though, apple has already spotted out three major flaws in security. This may mean there are others. FireFox is notably the safest browser around so it will mean more caution for the switch. Perhaps ill just wait longer till the bugs are ironed out. However that doesnt mean you should not give it a try!
Back to top Go down
Avendeso

Safari 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari 3 BETA   Safari 3 BETA Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 9:12 am

After using using and testing Safari on Windows most of today here are my thoughts

Positives

*Renders pages extremely fast as promised

* Text and page re-sizing is a plus when minimizing windows, lots of other browsers don't do this or do it properly

*compatible with most websites

*Improved text search is very handy,

Negatives

* A little buggy, crashed a few times while visiting a few websites

*Interface does not integrate well with XP (apparantly Vista OS GUI too), gets a
little confusing as when you use Safari it feels like you're using a
mac, and when you close the browser, you realize you're using windows,
feels a little uneasy

*Limited GUI, no interface for changing themes or adding more functionality to the browser. most options are already available through FF
*Bookmarking system is way too tacky, Apple needs to learn from
firefox, takes way to long you look through a bookmarks list on Safari.

*No options for cache management, can't set how big you want your
browsers cache to be for faster page viewing of visited websites
Back to top Go down
Endeavou

Safari 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari 3 BETA   Safari 3 BETA Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 9:58 am

Hmm, interesting.
I suppose it must be new for Safari workers to have security as a serious must-have, seeing as it is only recently multi-platform.
I never really use bookmarks, but from what I've seen of the two browsers Safari's work better, but that could be because I have a different version of Safari to this one.
Back to top Go down
Avendeso

Safari 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari 3 BETA   Safari 3 BETA Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 10:59 am

plus since i use winblinds, the interface clashes, so safari crashed three times. no thanks to apples considerations.

oh well, i had my hype for the speed, it is good, but aint worth it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Safari 3 BETA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari 3 BETA   Safari 3 BETA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Safari 3 BETA
Page 1 of 1