Gaming Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gaming Freaks

The site for all who like gaming

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Avendeso

Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Empty
PostSubject: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 8:17 am

'The latest of many gaming related lawsuits comes Nintendo's way, as a mother of two has filed a lawsuit for 'exposure of alchohol to younger players'. This lawsuit relates to the Nintendo Gamecube game Super Smash Bros. Melee in which characters can consume an alchoholic beverage (in the form of a glass of wine) to restore health. The character roster consists of a wide variety of age groups, some of these are under the legal drinking age yet are still able to consume the beverage.

"Alchohol is becoming more and more acceptable in today's younger society." said the woman, who wished to remain anonymous. 'Children are being exposed to this problem across many forms of media and in an age where alchohol is so easily available, I think it's time we looked out for those who can't look after themselves. They don't know what they are getting into."

Nintendo is yet to comment on the lawsuit.'

Quote :
i played smash melee since i be 5 and done me no harm sure i dink maybe 1 or 12 times day it be like juice i sawded it jiggly puffed drink so i did
see my house it it nice
Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Homeless

Its pretty sad isnt it? Next time they will be suing pokemon for animal cruelity
Back to top Go down
Demyx
Admin
Admin
Demyx

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2007-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 12:39 pm

How bloody petty.
Back to top Go down
https://gameingfreaks.niceboard.com
DmNt

DmNt

Number of posts : 765
Wii Code : 5545 8127 8108 0332
Hobbies : Fun Stuff.
Registration date : 2007-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 5:06 pm

You can't be serious

This is the biggest load of bullshit since a guy sued a history textbook manufactuer for saying "god" and talkcing about religion!

Does this mother realize in Europe kids (especially in france and italy) drink wine all the time? And she's sueing because an item that is SHAPED like a wine glass and it resotres health when you use it? For all we know it could be fruit juice...

This woman phails@life -_-
Back to top Go down
Avendeso

PostSubject: Re: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 5:10 am

Yup, this is what happens when you dont eat your vegetables!
Back to top Go down
Demyx
Admin
Admin
Demyx

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2007-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 10:12 am

YAY scurvy... I always wanted to sail teh high seas with wine shaped fruit jucie glasses
Back to top Go down
https://gameingfreaks.niceboard.com
Avendeso

PostSubject: Re: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 12:51 pm

Yes, vegetables are very important. They also stop you turning into a clueless american (sorry, no offense meant DmNt)
Back to top Go down
DmNt

DmNt

PostSubject: Re: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 5:23 pm

I'm like one of the smartest americans here and all I ever eat are meat and potatoes. Which most americans don't eat. Most americans eat a mix of pretty much every type of food you can think of.
Back to top Go down
Avendeso

PostSubject: Re: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 4:56 am

I was just saying................

And yes i know all about those supersize meals that most americans eat.
Back to top Go down
DmNt

DmNt

PostSubject: Re: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 7:36 am

No need to get all stereotypical now...actually, you've lived here; can't play that game.
Back to top Go down
Avendeso

PostSubject: Re: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 12:53 pm

Yes, but i was three! I didn't get fat then!

But true, ill stop.

Serbians were incredibly racist.
Back to top Go down
I love f

PostSubject: Re: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 2:30 pm

Hmm I've learnt the error of my ways from mentioning stereotypes - it pisses a lot of people off.

I looooooove my meat and potatoes.
Back to top Go down
DmNt

DmNt

PostSubject: Re: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 4:38 pm

Same
Back to top Go down
I love f

PostSubject: Re: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 5:37 pm

Lol I'm just going to say it - a lot of vegetables taste horrible to me. The only vegetable I really enjoy eating is potato. And as far as I know, I'm not a "clueless american".
Back to top Go down
DmNt

DmNt

PostSubject: Re: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 12:03 am

I love german, irish, american, mexican, and italian food.
Back to top Go down
I love f

PostSubject: Re: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 5:03 am

I love american (takeaway), australian (which is pretty much anything on a BBQ), chinese, mexican, indian, singaporean, and yeah italian.
Back to top Go down
Avendeso

PostSubject: Re: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 1:15 pm

Australian cuisine cannot be accurately defined since we are so multicultural wth our tastes. Asian and italian feature mainly on our menus though.

Which is a remarkable coincidence since they are my favourites!

Awesomest YAY!
Back to top Go down
DmNt

DmNt

PostSubject: Re: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 4:44 pm

Living here in Las Vegas, mexican food is the main dish of most restuarants, seeing as we have such a high number of mexian people here.
Back to top Go down
I love f

PostSubject: Re: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 5:39 pm

I love mexican people Smile.
Back to top Go down
DevilBoY

PostSubject: Re: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 8:31 am

Video games are the scapegoat of the century.

Having problems with your child? Blame a video game!!scratch

Seriously though, if your child doesn't know the difference between reality and VR then you are bad parents
Back to top Go down
Avendeso

PostSubject: Re: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 1:49 pm

thats right, it all depends on the parents. But unfortunately some of them arent always clever.

*tries in vain not to insult the idiot*
Back to top Go down
I love f

PostSubject: Re: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 2:43 pm

Oh so now you're insulting my parents? Why don't you just bring up my dead sister while you're at it? Or the fact that I lost part of my brain? Because you just loooove to tease me about it. Leave me alone. It's not like your family is perfect.
Back to top Go down
DevilBoY

PostSubject: Re: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 2:45 pm

Apollo wrote:
thats right, it all depends on the parents. But unfortunately some of them arent always clever.

*tries in vain not to insult the idiot*

that was uncalled for
Back to top Go down
Avendeso

PostSubject: Re: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 2:50 pm

yeah, i havent a clue with what the idiot is talking about <.<
Back to top Go down
I love f

PostSubject: Re: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 2:50 pm

Yes you do, you payed me out about it on MSN.
That's low.
Back to top Go down
DevilBoY

PostSubject: Re: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 2:54 pm

I was talking about you apollo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking   Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mother sues Nintendo for promoting underage drinking
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next