Gaming Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gaming Freaks

The site for all who like gaming

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

More AC6 details revealed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DevilBoY

More AC6 details revealed Empty
PostSubject: More AC6 details revealed   More AC6 details revealed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 12:26 am

Taken form Game Revolution

By Eugene Huang

A new report from Japan's Impress Watch today contains much more detail than what was previously known regarding Ace Combat 6. Although its platform-exclusive status with the Xbox 360 is still unconfirmed at this point, more information regarding gameplay, story, and downloadable content have now been provided.

Gameplay

One of the new key features of Ace Combat 6 will be the implementation of online play, not seen on any previous home console version of Ace Combat. We previously reported that a number of co-op and versus modes would be implemented, and according to the report, the development team is working to include support for up to 16 simultaneous players. It also says that special, unique titles will be rewarded to high-ranking online players who fulfill certain requirements.

As for the game's main single player mode, the developers indicate the the power of the Xbox 360 has allowed them to greatly expand the size and scope of the battlefield. Now, players are no longer restricted to giving orders to a single wingman or a squadron of four, but can now interact with a number of squadrons that can take part in up to six simultaneous operations, each with a different objective. The game will also feature a new system allowing you to organize joint attacks with other air, naval, and ground units, or simply call for their support.

Choice of Planes

So far, there have been no surprises with the roster of purchasable aircraft, with the presently small list being made up of planes that are no strangers to the Ace Combat series. Bandai Namco has so far released screenshots and terse profiles showcasing four aircraft: the F-15E Strike Eagle, the A-10A Thunderbolt II, the Tornado GR.4, and the Typhoon. More planes will no doubt be announced at a later date.

Story
(Note: Place names and character names may change after official localization.)

The story in AC 6 begins with the Ulysses 1994 XF-04 meteor shower in the year 1999, the same disaster that set the events of Ace Combat 04 in motion. Two nations in particular, the Republic of Emmeria and the Federal Republic of Estovakia, are affected, but while Emmeria emerges unscathed, Estovakia is brought to its knees by civil unrest and conflict.

Under a military government, the Estovakian Federation is once again unified, and peace is seemingly restored in the year 2015. However, without warning, Estovakia launches an unprovoked attack on Emmeria's capital city, Gracemeria. Garuda, Emmeria's 28th Fighter Squadron, is charged with the task of the city's defense. However, a devastating aerial bombardment, as well as the appearance of a mysterious red squadron eventually changes the tide of the war.

The story will be told from the point of view of seven different characters, each from a different place, and each affected by the war in his or her own unique way. One character, named Melissa, is the wife of an Emmerian pilot who loses her daughter Matilda in the ensuing bombardment. Another is Tank Sgt. McKnight, who, after becoming a refugee, participates in the operation to stop the Estovakian advance. Next is Lt. Col. Voychek: once one of Estovakia's ace pilots, he defects to Emmeria as an intelligence officera after a career-debilitating injury. And last in the list so far is an Estovakian woman known as Ludmilla, who rushes to the battlefield to be at the side of her lover, a pilot. Whose side he flies for is currently unknown.

As for the main character, the player will take the role of one of the pilots of the Garuda squadron, 8th Air Wing -- callsign: Talisman.

Downloadable Content

Downloadable content for Ace Combat 6 is already available in the Japanese market, starting today. So far, Bandai Namco has offered three items, including two visual themes and an icon pack. As of yet, no information is available regarding a North American equivalent.

Sounds like fun!
Back to top Go down
Avendeso

PostSubject: Re: More AC6 details revealed   More AC6 details revealed Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 4:03 pm

If its on the 360 i might get it, flight sims has always got me excited though i actually never owned one.
Back to top Go down
DevilBoY

PostSubject: Re: More AC6 details revealed   More AC6 details revealed Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 5:25 am

Are you blind? it is stated at the top of the page that IS 360
Back to top Go down
Avendeso

PostSubject: Re: More AC6 details revealed   More AC6 details revealed Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 9:47 am

woops, my bad. I might get it then, if you can convince me enough to get an AC game devilboy Wink
Back to top Go down
Demyx
Admin
Admin
Demyx

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2007-03-17

PostSubject: Re: More AC6 details revealed   More AC6 details revealed Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 11:21 am

HAHA. Good work/
Back to top Go down
https://gameingfreaks.niceboard.com
DevilBoY

PostSubject: Re: More AC6 details revealed   More AC6 details revealed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 4:28 pm

Dude i can't convince you to do anything that would be in your best interests
Back to top Go down
Avendeso

PostSubject: Re: More AC6 details revealed   More AC6 details revealed Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 1:01 pm

Yes, but id LOOOVE to see a try.

Ill leave it up for you to decide.

Its ok
Back to top Go down
DevilBoY

PostSubject: Re: More AC6 details revealed   More AC6 details revealed Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 4:30 am

When i recommend a game, i mean it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More AC6 details revealed   More AC6 details revealed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More AC6 details revealed
Page 1 of 1